Table of Contents
- Digital Marketing Demystified
- Designing Your Digital Marketing Strategy
- Benefits Of A Digital Marketing Strategy
- 1. Understand Your Target Customer Better
- 2. Better Segment The Audience And Publicize The Value Proposition
- 3. Convert Visits To Contacts
- 4. Improve Online Visibility
- 5. Maintain Contact With Customers And Make The Company Database Profitable
- 6. Accurately Find Out The Effectiveness And The ROI Of Your Marketing Actions
The world has changed. The digital revolution, Internet 2.0, and the rise of ICT have transformed our lives and how we do business. Naturally, customer behaviors and how businesses do marketing also evolved to adapt to the new state of things. And this is where digital marketing came in for small businesses.
Digital marketing is a game-changer. In the past, only big companies can afford traditional media. Small business owners had to pay through their noses just to get a little airtime. Even then, nothing is guaranteed. This means that digital marketing came right on time to become the best form of promotion for small businesses.
At WunderTRE, we are literally drawn by the possibilities of digital marketing. In this article, we will be discussing how your small business can benefit greatly from it. Let’s dive right in!
Digital Marketing Demystified
The process of digital transformation in which many companies are immersed is exciting. Technologies such as Big Data, the Internet of Things, or Artificial Intelligence, have expanded the limit of our imagination.
The doors of the largest market that used to be accessible to only big brands have opened, giving businesses and consumers global access to products all over the world and taking out the gatekeepers. The Internet has made it easy for us to expand without limits. However, it also opens the door to competition.
The competition is making great efforts to improve its processes, create more competitive products, personalize its offer and take it to new markets. The digitization of marketing and sales processes are part of these changes.
Marketing, over the last few years, has evolved to respond to the new challenges and opportunities posed by the markets. We are faced with a consumer with access to large amounts of the information who devotes much of the time spent connected to investigate what is of interest or concern.
This has changed the way people relate to brands and make their purchasing decisions. In this technological and interconnected scenario, innovation is a very important factor to take into account if you want to succeed in your small business. This is why you need to invest in digital marketing.
Internet is the biggest showcase in history, it would be absurd to discard it. Each type of business can benefit from different actions of digital marketing. Some require more time and perseverance than budget. The key is to know what are the best options, among all available.
Designing Your Digital Marketing Strategy
To make the most of digital marketing for your small business, you need to have a solid strategy. This would form the structure that allows you to record the success you need. Your digital marketing strategy, generally speaking, should be developed following these steps:
- Mark clear objectives that establish the scope and results that you intend to obtain and make sure your digital marketing strategy are aligned with the business objectives.
- Study your products or services from the perspective of its characteristics, strengths and differentiating elements. That will allow you to create an idea on which to work.
- Define the ideal client. You must know not only socio-demographic, but also psychological and behavioral aspects. To create a successful digital marketing strategy you need to define who your ideal buyer is, as a person. What worries them? What motivates them? How can you help them get what they truly want?
- Analyze the situation and see what is already working in the market. Observe your top competition and compare their strategy to yours. Determine the most viable channels through which to develop your strategy.
- Select the means and tools that best suit your model and business needs. The range is broad: social networks, content marketing, SEO, blogging, email marketing, and so on. The important thing is to know which ones can optimize your investment and how to integrate them.
- The next step is to implement your strategy. This involves choosing the specific actions to be carried out, integrating them within your strategy, and establishing a working calendar.
- Finally, analyze the results through the tools, appropriate metrics and the creation of dashboards, which will allow you to know at the moment the performance of your actions. When you launch a digital marketing strategy you must be clear about what you are going to measure (KPIs) and how you are going to do it. With WunderTRE(k), progress is regularly analyzed, and strategy adapted to trends.
Benefits Of A Digital Marketing Strategy
There are so many benefits that small businesses can get from the development and implementation of a digital marketing strategy. Some have been briefly mentioned. Apart from those, digital can further benefit your small business by helping you:
1. Understand Your Target Customer Better
The implementation of a digital marketing strategy requires a deep analysis of the ideal potential consumer you are targeting. This analysis will not only help the marketing team to define its digital strategy. The sales or product development team will also be able to draw useful conclusions from the information gathered that will help them do a better job.
Understanding your target customer means that you can create more solutions specifically targeted at helping them solve their most pressing concerns. Needless to say, you stand a greater chance of making more money when what you are offering is exactly what they are demanding for.
2. Better Segment The Audience And Publicize The Value Proposition
When you invest in traditional marketing the possibilities of segmentation are reduced. On the other hand, digital marketing offers you many more options to segment the audience you are targeting, not only based on sociodemographic criteria, since you can also take into account behaviors or the relationship of users with the brand in a simple and dynamic way.
Also, thanks to this advantage, the possibility of impacting your message and getting users a value proposal that they cannot refuse is much greater. This is connected to what we mentioned about understanding your target audience. Segmentation makes this much easier to do.
3. Convert Visits To Contacts
One of the beautiful things about digital marketing is that it helps you speed up the conversion process and achieve your conversion objectives, whether that is subscriptions, sales, downloads, or registrations.
Without the proper digital marketing strategy, your small business website would become just another page on the web. Imagine you have invested in a fantastic website but it is not designed to convert visits into contact and into sales. That is a big loss on your part.
When a user visits your website, your website must be optimized to invite them to perform the actions that you have marked on your objectives. There are so many tools to help you do this, such as on-page, off-page, and technical SEO marketing, the application of content marketing techniques, proper copywriting, integrations of forms and calls to action, etc. that,
4. Improve Online Visibility
Digital marketing allows the expansion of your business, either to new markets or to a larger audience, without major investments. Internet has eliminated borders. With a good strategy you can make your business visible to an audience that otherwise would never get to know it.
That means you can choose to target even prospective customers outside your geographical reach. Digital marketing totally eliminates the need for branches and elaborate local outreach.
5. Maintain Contact With Customers And Make The Company Database Profitable
The way we now use digital marketing strategies like social media and email marketing have totally changed the game from how companies used to relate to their prospects and customers in the past. This direct contact between the consumer and the brand made possible by digital marketing will end up translating into greater consumer satisfaction and engagement with your small business.
Do not forget that this direct relationship will also give you information about the tastes and needs of your customers, very valuable information to adjust your message and make your clients and prospects database profitable.
6. Accurately Find Out The Effectiveness And The ROI Of Your Marketing Actions
Implementing digital marketing strategies and putting them into operation has the added advantage of providing you with a large amount of data about the performance of your marketing actions, all in real-time.
Thanks to the real-time data, you can accurately measure the ROI of the actions you are carrying out and correct them, if necessary, without incurring large losses. In traditional marketing, this is much more complex and expensive, and sometimes even impossible.
Now with the WunderTRE, you can launch your digital marketing journey without fear, with the assurance of our expertise.