Table of Contents
Many businesses are always looking to start a website or improve their websites. Fortunately, there are many options to choose from, such as a custom website or a templated website. Both of them are great in their own right. It just comes down to what your business needs in the end.
What’s the Difference Between a Custom Website and Template Website?
A custom website is a website that is designed to be unique and exclusive to a brand. It is usually developed from the ground up and is very personalized. Here are some advantages of going with a custom website.
- Security: A custom website built from the ground up can be designed to be very secure. This means that hackers will have a hard time infiltrating your website.
- Longevity: Your custom website will be built with the latest in coding and updated as the years go by. This means your website can, potentially, never become outdated.
- Support: With a dedicated developer for your website, you can rest assured that they are more than capable of handling any potential problems they may run across. Think of them like a tech specialist who is focused on maintaining your website.
A templated website is a website that, as the name suggests, is created from a template. It can help you get your new website up and running since they are not as difficult to set up as a custom website. Here are some advantages of going with a templated website.
- Speed: The time it takes to create a templated website is much shorter than when it takes to create a custom website.
- Budget-Friendly: A templated website doesn’t have to drain your wallet. A good quality templated website can have just as many features as a custom website but at a lower price.
- Hosting: Many templated websites are offered with hosting packages that help you save. This means that you don’t have to fork over some extra money on finding a hosting service for your domain.
Here’s What to Consider
There are many things you have to consider when choosing between a custom website and a templated website. You shouldn’t decide on one without properly analyzing your business. Does your website have to be up and running soon, or can you afford to wait to have it set up? How much are you willing to spend? Here are some things to consider when making a decision on choosing a custom or templated website.
One of the most important things to consider when designing a website is your budget. Your website is going to be a representation of your business. It is what many people are going to see at all hours of the day. Try to invest the time and money to make it the best website it can be for your business.
- A custom website can be expensive, but can eventually lead to a good quality website.
- A templated website can be just as good of quality but at a lower price.
Another thing to consider when deciding between a custom or a templated website is time. Do you need to have the website created in a few weeks, or can you afford to go a couple more months without it? A quality custom website may look great for your business, but it can take roughly 2-4 months for it to be ready for launch. A templated website, on the other hand, can be set for launch in under two months. So, depending on your priorities, a templated website might be the right choice for your business and vice versa.
Your website’s functionality is another important thing to consider when deciding what type of website to choose. Designing your website with the consumer in mind means you are focused on providing a good experience. First impressions are critical for your business and your website. If a customer finds it somewhat cumbersome to navigate your website, or if something isn’t working as intended, it can leave them with a bad impression of you and your website.
Taking into consideration your brand when it comes to your website, the design is very important. You want your website to stand out and represent your brand. It is essentially a part of your brand identity. Your website has to be personalized and unique compared to other websites out there. Make sure your website is relevant to your brand, and it is something you are proud of showing to your customers.
The final thing you should consider when deciding between going with a custom or templated website is scalability. Your business will be growing at some point, and you want to make sure your website can adjust to that growth. A templated website allows for easy scalability by allowing you to remove and add new features as time goes on.
Make the Right Decision for Your Company
There is not a right or wrong choice between choosing a custom website design versus a templated design. It all just comes down to your needs and priorities as a business. It may be a stressful decision when you consider all the aforementioned factors, but they’re necessary to help you decide what you need when considering a website. A small business can benefit from having a templated website design as they are budget-friendly and relatively quick to set up and prepare for launch. A large business might be willing to spend some more money on a custom website just because their budget allows for it, and they can afford to wait.
If you are interested in a templated website for your business, click here to check out the packages we have to offer!